Ribby and Croaks are one of the bosses of Cuphead, and is a duo made of two boxing frogs. They appear in the episode "Clip Joint Calamity" and appear in Inkwell Isle I.
- Ribby. Ribby is a short, plump, bright green boxer frog. He sports a red belt and two red boxing gloves.
- Croaks. Croaks is a taller, thinner, brown-green boxer toad. He wears red pants and two brown boxing gloves.
In Battle Edit
Phase 1 Edit
In Phase 1, Ribby and Croaks will have individual attacks. Ribby will throw forward a barrage of burning fists, some being pink, allowing you to parry them. To avoid these, duck constantly and jump when the lowest one flies forward. Croaks also attack in this phase; he will spit out burning flies. You can kill them by aiming upward or angled. To defeat them in this phase, simply hold down the shoot button.
Phase 2 Edit
In Phase 2, Ribby will attack while Croaks will attempt to push you towards him. At the start of the phase, Ribby will roll across the screen, and you must jump to avoid him. After this, Ribby will step forward and appear on the left side of the screen. After this, Croaks will contort himself into a fan and attempt to blow you towards Ribby. Meanwhile, Ribby will be throwing glowing orbs at you. To avoid them, move forward slightly and then let yourself get knocked back. Repeat this until the phase ends. To defeat them in this phase, simply hold down the shoot button.
Phase 3 Edit
In Phase 3, Ribby and Croaks will combine and become a slot machine. They will start by throwing coins at you. Then, you must parry the lever to get a new combination of slots. It can be one of three things:
- Tiger. Upon getting three tigers in a row, the slot machine will send out spiked discs that roll along the floor and shoot fireballs out of holes in their centers. You can beat these by running past the discs when their corresponding fireball is in the air.
- Frog. Upon getting three frogs in a row, the slot machine will send out spiked discs that roll along the floor. You can beat these by simply jumping over them.
- Bull. Upon getting three bulls in a row, the slot machine will send out floating discs, with a blue flame either sticking out of the top or the bottom. You can beat these by jumping on the opposite side the flame is sticking out of.
You will have to repeat this three times, and then you will achieve a knockout.